* Liberty Sand Angels (Sirtrack)
A project of Sandy Cape Turtle Volunteers.
click map for full-size version
Species: Green Turtle
Life Stage: Nesting Adult
Release Date: 2017-11-21 11:00:00
Release Location: 8.5km West of Sandy Cape
Last Location: 2018-03-16 21:49:01
Adopt * Liberty Sand Angels (Sirtrack)
Liberty 1: A green female found at Sandy Cape on 21 Nov 2017 is fully tracker and ARGOS data sponsored by Sirtrack of New Zealand, but due to technical difficulties we have been unable to get her up on this web site, so Liberty 2 is standing in for her.
Liberty 2: She had a tag scar in the Front Left flipper indicating that she had previously been tagged.
She was given Stockbrands titanium flipper tags:
Hind Right flipper - QA52917
Front Right flipper - QA52918
Hind Right flipper - QA52919
She had the Sirtrack F4G Fastloc GPS tracker, ARGOS ID s165004, glued to her carapace with cool-curing "Powers Pure150 Pro" 2 part epoxy.
Her rear Carapace was marked with the letter "U" for easy in-water ID.
1) She was found laying at 23:05 on 20th November 2017 at 7.96km West of Sandy Cape.
2) She attempted to nest again after 16 days on 6th December, 4.3km West of Sandy Cape, and succeeded the next night at 3.05km West of Sandy Cape, and then headed around the Rooney Point corner.
She spent most of her inter-nesting periods along the NW beach and some of it on the Western side of the Island 11 km to 14 km south of Rooney Point.
3) She nested again after 13 days on 20th December 3.7km West of Sandy Cape.
4) She nested again after 11 days on 31st December at 4km West of Sandy Cape.
5) She nested again after 11 days on 11th January again at 4km West of Sandy Cape.
6) She attempted to nest again after 13 days on 24th January at 3.5km and again on 25th January at 3.45km West of Sandy Cape.