Why did animal X stop transmitting?
Cc Mibir - Milbi - Queensland: K'gari (Fraser Island) nesting Green and Loggerhead turtles 2017-18
A project of Sandy Cape Turtle Volunteers.
Static Map | Zoom Map | Animated Map (35KB)
Subscribe to Project Updates
Mibir & Milbi are two ways to pronounce the Butchulla word for turtle.
Left Front flipper - tag QA52102 added
Right Front flipper - tag QA52103 added
s165000 Sirtrack F4G Fastloc GPS tracker
She measured 94.0 cm
She came out to nest 1.56km West of Sandy Cape on 18th November but turned around as she found tree stumps and branches in her way.
1) She nested on the night of 26th November at 2.48km West of Sandy Cape.
She attempted to nest on 11th Dec at 9.05km West of Sandy Cape
She attempted again on 13th Dec at 6.2km West of Sandy Cape
2) She nested again on 15th December 1.9km West of Sandy Cape.
3) Her third nest was on 27th December at 9.2km West of Sandy Cape
4) Her fourth nest was on 12th January at 1.9km west of Sandy Cape.
She commenced her migration on 12th January, winding her way roughly northwards away from Sandy Cape.
On 17th February she arrived near to her foraging home, at the southern edge of central Louisiade Archipelago, 200km / 125 miles SE of the Papua New Guinea mainland, and 1,490km / 925 miles north of her Sandy Cape natal beach.
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location class (lc) '4', '3', '2', '1', '0', 'A', 'B'. Locations that have been "filtered" are displayed as small red dots.
- This maps also shows locations of class 'A' as small black dots which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO One Minute Grid.
- Sea surface temperature and chlorophyll are derived from NASA's Ocean Color data.
- Ocean currents and sea surface heights are derived from AVISO's Ssalto/Duacs Gridded Absolute Dynamic Topography & absolute geostrophic velocities data.
SEATURTLE.ORG collaborates with Argos to help scientists and conservationists manage and analyse their valuable animal tracking data.