Why did animal X stop transmitting?
Janet - Eighty Mile Beach flatbacks
A project of WA Dept. Parks and Wildlife.
Static Map | Zoom Map | Animated Map (415KB)
Adopt Janet | Subscribe to Project Updates
left WB3685, rightWB3691
length 89.8 cm CCL
Janet was named by Nyangumarta rangers and traditional owners
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location class (lc) '3', '2', '1', '0', 'A', 'B'. Locations that have been "filtered" are displayed as small red dots.
- This maps also shows locations of class 'A' as small black dots which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO One Minute Grid.
- Sea surface temperature and chlorophyll are derived from NASA's Ocean Color data.
- Ocean currents and sea surface heights are derived from AVISO's Ssalto/Duacs Gridded Absolute Dynamic Topography & absolute geostrophic velocities data.