Why did animal X stop transmitting?
* Juliet - Queensland: K'gari (Fraser Island) nesting Green and Loggerhead turtles 2017-18
A project of Sandy Cape Turtle Volunteers.
Static Map | Zoom Map | Animated Map (18KB)
Adopt * Juliet | Subscribe to Project Updates
Front Left flipper QA52915
Front Right Flipper QA52916
s158485 Wildlife Computers "Spot" tracker
Curved Carapace Length 101.1 cm
1) She nested on the night of 20th November 2017 at 2.2 km West of Sandy Cape
2) She nested on the night of 30th November from 10pm at 1.2km West of Sandy Cape
3) She attempted to nest on the night of the 10th, and nested on the night of 11th December
4)? & 5)? She spent 6 to 8 hours ashore each night from 15th to 21st December and from 24th to 30th December in the area 6 to 16km South of Sandy Cape
6) She nested 8th January from 2am at 0.76km South of Sandy Cape
7)? She nested around the 20th January
8)? She nested around the 2nd February
9) She nested 15th February from 9pm at 2.9km South of Sandy Cape
On the 16th February at 10am she commenced an east-northeast migration and 25 days later by 9th March she had travelled a straight line distance of approximately 25km /15.4 miles a day covering 620km / 385 miles of the 1,220km / 753 miles towards the main island of New Caledonia.
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location class (lc) '3', '2', '1', '0', 'A', 'B'. Locations that have been "filtered" are displayed as small red dots.
- This maps also shows locations of class 'A' as small black dots which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO One Minute Grid.
- Sea surface temperature and chlorophyll are derived from NASA's Ocean Color data.
- Ocean currents and sea surface heights are derived from AVISO's Ssalto/Duacs Gridded Absolute Dynamic Topography & absolute geostrophic velocities data.
SEATURTLE.ORG collaborates with Argos to help scientists and conservationists manage and analyse their valuable animal tracking data.