Why did animal X stop transmitting?
Mary Ann - Padre Island National Seashore Kemp's Ridley Tracking Program-2015
A project of Padre Island National Seashore Kemp's Ridley Tracking Program.
Static Map | Zoom Map | Animated Map (412KB)
Subscribe to Project Updates
Mary Ann (Kemp's Ridley) is 5 km S off the coast of United States and 25 km from Biloxi
This adult female Kemp's ridley nested 9 May 2015 at Padre Island National Seashore, Corpus Christi, Texas. This turtle was outfitted with a Sirtrack Kiwisat 202 satellite transmitter.
Mary Ann is named after Mary Ann Tous, Director of The Turtle Lady Legacy and niece of Ila Loetscher the “Turtle Lady” of South Padre Island who founded Sea Turtle, Inc.
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location class (lc) '3', '2', '1', '0', 'A', 'B'. Locations that have been "filtered" are displayed as small red dots.
- This maps also shows locations of class 'Z' as small black dots which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO One Minute Grid.
- Sea surface temperature and chlorophyll are derived from NASA's Ocean Color data.
- Ocean currents and sea surface heights are derived from AVISO's Ssalto/Duacs Gridded Absolute Dynamic Topography & absolute geostrophic velocities data.